Bamboo Species Guide
Directory of ornamental and commercial bamboo species
by Fred Hornaday
The Bamboo Species Guide is an eBook (PDF) available as an instant download.
- Quick and secure check-out.
- Written by Fred Hornaday, creator of BambuBatu.com.
- Introductory price only $9.95.
- 40 fact-filled pages.
- More than 100 most popular species.
- High-quality, full-color photos.
- Know your runners from your clumpers.
- Know if they’re compatible with your climate.
- Make plant selection easier.
- Detailed info about size, appearance, conditions.
- Includes several quick lists to identify the best bamboo species for particular climates and conditions (eg. cold-hardy, drought-tolerant, for hedges, in pots, etc.)
If you prefer a different payment method, please contact us directly. Thank you for your patience and support.
learn more about bamboo
Accurately identifying a bamboo species can be one of the greater challenges in the field of botany or gardening. Most anyone can recognize bamboo when they see it, but not everyone realizes how many species there are to choose from. (Around 1,500.) And when you ask...
Bamboo is huge. It grows like mad, faster than any plant on earth, and you can make almost anything with it. The demand for bamboo has never been greater. And we think that's a good thing. Because in terms of sustainability, bamboo outstrips all the competition. It...
The more you learn about bamboo, the more you come to realize how little you know about bamboo. Like the game of chess, it doesn't take long to get acquainted, but it can require a lifetime to master. And unlike the sprawling series of Star Wars films available on...