Posts Tagged ‘news’
Do you ever wonder where we come up with all these stories, tips, tidbits, recipes and trivia that we share everyday on our Blog and our FaceBook page? Of course, we pick up an occasional story with our wind-powered radar made entirely from bamboo, which spins around the clock, but what else? Well, truth be told, we actually spend a lot of time searching on the interwebs. Believe it or not, there’s actually quite an amalgamation of useless information lurking inside this invisible media source, but once in a while we strike a nugget of pithy wisdom.
1. When it comes to comprehensive eco-news, few sites can rival the Daily Green. As their name implies, this page is worth visiting on a very regular basis to keep up with issues that matter most to the environmentally conscious.
2. The Tiny Green Bubble provides another voluminous source of news from around the world about environmental living.
3. If you thought you were too poor, too lazy or too insignificant to make meaningful eco-conscious lifestyle choices, here’s a site for you: The Lazy Environmentalist.
4. It’s taken a long time to dispel the myth that going Green will put your business in the Red. Check out the Triple Pundit for the green business news that you might not see on Fox or NBC.
5. For green living design and style tips for your home, take a look at the Pure Green Living Magazine.
6. Looking for an off-the-beaten-path blog about green building, check out the well-informed commentaries of Barry Katz, one of Connecticut’s leading proponents of sustainability and green building.
7. Maybe you can’t dismantle your not-so-friendly neighborhood nuclear power plant, but the Lighter Footstep has a host of practical suggestions on how you can reduce your carbon footprint, easily and affordably, and a thousand reasons why you should.
8. Finally, check out these fun DIY project ideas and useful shopping tips on how to upgrade to a greener lifestyle, from the Green Upgrader. (Including the re-used plastic bottle lighting system pictured above!)
Let us know if you have any favorites that we missed, and in the meantime, stay informed and keep it green!